Saturday, July 30, 2005

Chelsea Handler and some local funny bloggers

It seems like about a million years ago that I read Chelsea Handler's book My Horizontal Life: A Collection of One-Night Stands, which I reviewed for BUST (should be in their latest Men We Love issue, but I'm not sure). It's weird how lately I just keep picturing all these memories clear as day - that was during the whole staying at H's/cupcake baking/crushed out/depressed days. Anyway, Chelsea is also going to be in the October issue of Penthouse as the comedian Q&A (the column is called Stand Up Guys but sometimes they interview a girl) and is in Sunday's NYT.

In totally other news, Rob P's take on telling people he just got back from Afghanistan is hilarious, especially the photo.

Matt Goldich mentioned that he's doing a "ton of shows" in preparation for his upcoming Comedy Central taping. Then I clicked through and saw that he's actually doing practically every alternative show in NYC during the month of August. I will be at some of these, at the very least Comedy Pro Shop tomorrow night, maybe Twin Killing on Monday. Would love to go to Crash Test if I wasn't so old and crochety, but maybe one of these days when I don't feel like I'll need sleep during the rest of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home