Thursday, April 28, 2005

Emerging Comics of New York Awards!

Also, I don't know what the deadline is, but maybe they'll update that soon, I'll mull over my thoughts this weekend and then get to voting. It actually won't be that difficult. And whatever, I am putting on the BEST COOLEST FUNNIEST comedy show ever in November and any readers of this site are invited! Maybe that was a bit over the top, but I'm trying to make myself excited to turn 30 so will be having my favorite comedy peeps onstage to make me laugh. But anyway, you want to know about ECNY. The awards ceremony will be held:

Thursday June 23rd, 9:30pm
UCB Theatre 307 W. 26th Street
New York, New York

(Just an observation: I love how a year ago I had NO CLUE about any of this stuff, never heard of ECNY, never heard of pretty much any of the people I link to here, and now my May calendar is basically totally filled with comedy shows. I love New York and discovering all these fabulous new scenes and such - new to me, I mean.)

You can now nominate your favorite comics for this year's ECNY Awards. I will have to think long and hard about who I vote for, it's gonna be tough but luckily there are multiple categories so I can share the wealth. Liam McEneaney has some (self-serving) suggestions, but I say, go out to lots of comedy and make your own decisions. I probably won't be sharing who I vote for because there are just so many wonderful people and I have no clue how to decide, but anyway, I'll do the best I can. Better too have too many funny people to choose from than too few.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home