Thursday, April 14, 2005

April comedy

Is Matt Goldich, like, the busiest comedian I know this month? So busy that he still hasn't told me what "Awkward Family Dinner" on Sunday is - I'm dying to know. I should really get my ass over to R Bar one of these weeks, I will, soon, really.

Also coming up very soon:

Tomorrow (Friday, April 15th), Sara Schaefer (is Obsessed With You)

Sunday is Comedy Pro Shop:

This week we present "A Very Special Comedy Pro Shop" that will
enlighten, inspire and lift your spirits. Susan Prekel will tell you
about overcoming a relationship with an abusive cat, Jesse Joyce will
display the triumph of the human spirit over double pneumonia, Ophira
Eisenberg will warn of the dangers of poking your eye out, and more!

The show is still free, still on Sundays, and still features some of
New York's best professional comics in an intimate setting. Come by if
you can!

Sunday, April 17th

The Comedy Pro Shop
presented by the Brooklyn Comedy Company
at Sin Sin Lounge
248 E. 5th St. at 2nd Ave.
seating at 8:00, show at 8:30

This week's lineup includes:

Eric Kirchberger from Premium Blend
Ophira Eisenberg from Premium Blend
Sandy Marks from King of Queens
Susan Prekel from the Montreal Comedy Festival
Jesse Joyce, nationally touring comic
a surprise guest
Rob Paravonian and more!


And from the fabulous Michelle Collins (I'll just quote her entire email cause I'm lazy - all I can say is I can't WAIT for WYSIWYG even though I have a book party to go to right beforehand that I'll be running to PS 122 from):

Friends, Family, and People I Rarely to Never Speak To,

I'll be reading and The WYSIWYG Blogger Talent Show (http://www.wysiwygtalentshow.org) this Tuesday, April 19 at 7:30 p.m., based loosely on my daily adventures seen at www.youcantmakeitup.org, along wiiiiiiith:

Elizabeth Spiers (mediabistro.com/fishbowlny)
Daniel Radosh (radosh.net)

Jon Friedman (tremendousrabbit.blogspot.com)

Brian Grosz (blog.doctorgrosz.com)

Frank Beekman (accidentalnewyorker.blogspot.com)

Andy Horwitz (andyschest.com/wp)

The show's theme is Minimum Rage: Work Slaves Revolt!, which, for those of you that really know me, know that I spend 18 hours of my day plotting how I plan on quitting this nightmare of a job. Most of the time that fantasy revolves around me in 6-inch lucite heels, daisy dukes and a halter, waltzing into my boss's office and letting loose a streaming tirade of what a senile lunatic she is. But hey: When you get your paychecks in bags of rice, you must be doing something right.

Anyway, come to the show! (Read on for more appearances...)
Tuesday, April 19, at 7:30 p.m. at P.S. 122
150 1st Ave. at East 9th St.
Tickets are $7 — call the P.S. 122 box office at 212-477-5288 or
click here to purchase advance tickets

Here are some other upcoming shows...


APRIL 28

WELCOME TO OUR WEEK
Hosted by the very funny Nick Kroll and Jessi Klein

RIFIFI (cinema classics)
332 E 11th st btwn 1st and 2nd aves
8pm
FREE!
Line-up TBD, but always delivers.


APRIL 29 and MAY 13

THIS 'N' MORE HOSTED BY CHELSEA PERETTI AND YOURS TRULY!

Line-up still being sorted, but I can GUARANTEE it will impress.

JUVIE HALL, 24 Bond Street
April 29 and May 13, Fridays, at 8 pm


FINALMENTE

MAY 11

Another genius show hosted by the ubiquitous and charming Chelsea Peretti and the salmonella-riddled, you guessed it, Ms. Michelle Collins.

It's called i.heart.internet and will be at THE APPLE STORE THEATER IN SOHO! The show will deal with our obsession with all things web related, and will include bloggers and comedians doing other web-related comedy. WEB RELATED COMEDY AT THE APPLE STORE, FOLKS!! Breaking new ground.

May 11, 6:30 - 8 pm.
The Apple Store, aka "Station A"
Theater, Second Floor
I'm not even going to give you the address, you fuckers. Ya'll know where it is. (103 Prince Street.)


And speaking of crazy-o-busy nights:

Wednesday, April 20th

Rejection vs. Reputation

I may try to do both, or neither. Let me end it there before I embarrass myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home