Friday, April 08, 2005

welcome to my comedy world

I tried to post on here yesterday but it didn't go through. Welcome to my new comedy blog! I tried to get theymakemelaugh.blogspot.com, but it was already taken. This is yet another blog I'm starting, because the comedy-going has gotten totally out of control, as evidenced by last night's hilarity with GirlyNYC, which I'll dish about later - there was jello and lots of laughter involved.

This will be where I post about all my awesome friends' upcoming shows, and report on funny stuff I've seen, read and heard and link to cool, funny people. I also have lots of comedian interviews lined up in the coming weeks at Gothamist, so keep your eyes open for that. And I know it's a little crazy to start yet another blog, but I think it will enhance both blogs to dedicate this one to a single, but vast, topic.

That being said - here's a show going on Saturday night, The Shark Show, which is one that I've yet to attend. I think I may lay low Saturday night, after a crazy week, but I do want to check it out soon (and by reading this, I just learned that the fabulous Christina McGrath hosts a Tuesday night show - who knew? But can we please add another day in the week, because I already have stuff like Giant Tuesday Night that I like to go to on Tuesdays?):

This Saturday Night, The Shark Show’s got”

**MAX LANCE: He has no credits. Honest just go to this website and
see! Max's site
**CHRISTINA MCGRATH: Who co-hosts the funny show, “Joystick” on
Tuesday nights right here at The Parkside Lounge.
**SETH HERZOG: He’s funny, he’s the name of a Saul Bellow book and
he’s the Zionist Occupational Government! Now, that’s one-stop-shopping!
(Host, "Sweet", VH1's "Best Week Ever)

**All this and more, brought to you by your hosts and houseband; NICK
STEVENS, GABE MCKINLEY, DAN GABA & ARI VOUKYDIS, with RYAN GATES on
lights, sound and the iTunes of Doom.

**Celebrate the fabulousness of your week by coming early and enjoying
the Parkside's 6-hour Happy Hour, with $3 well drinks and domestic beers.
Or stay late and feel frisky with the cast and crowd at our classic
"SHARK-AFTER-DARK" party.

THE SHARK SHOW
All-New Comedy That Bites
Saturdays at 8pm
The Parkside Lounge
317 E Houston Street (@ Attorney St. {near Avenue B})
Door - Just $5
--
The Shark Show
"Comedy That Bites"
http://www.thesharkshow.com

3 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Oh snap! I'm the first commentor. Worship me...

Yay for new blog, RKB. I'll read it early and often.

And one more little note: sadly, Joystick is gone. Finito. Though I wish it was still around.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

YOU ARE HOT!

(Claudia is too.)

8:57 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Claudia - I already worship you! :) And thanks for the headsup on Joystick, that sucks, but is actually okay cause I am too busy as it is, but the more comedy going on, the better, as far as I'm concerned.

You are both hot too! :)

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home