Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Cancer Blows benefity comedy this on Friday

From the fabulous Sara Schaefer comes news about a benefit show on Friday. It's only $10 and has a fabulous lineup, and it's for a good cause!

CANCER BLOWS
A Comedy Show to Benefit Breast Cancer Research

Friday September 1 @ 9:30 p.m.
There will be an auction too!

Tickets are $10
Mo Pitkin's House of Satisfaction
34 Avenue A (2nd and 3rd St.)
Call or visit the Mo Pitkin's box office at (212) 777-5660
F or V to Second Ave.

Featuring:
Michael Showalter
Baron Vaughn
Stickerbook
Amanda Melson
Jacqueline Novak
Mike Barry
Adira Amram
Matt McCarthy
Jon Friedman
Justin Purnell

The proceeds from the show will be going to the Avon Foundation. I am sponsoring a walker in the Avon Walk For Breast Cancer taking place in NYC on Oct 7-8. The walk is 36 miles! (I cannot attend the event this year but can tell you from my past experience as a walker that it is amazing and the Avon Foundation does great things for breast cancer research and also for charities that help low-income individuals suffering from breast cancer!)

As many of you know, my mom has been fighting and conquering breast cancer for the past 2 years. She has gone through three surgeries, two rounds of chemo, and one round of radiation. She's had a very difficult fight but I am so happy to say she's pretty much beat the crap out of that cancer. But if you're reading this email, chances are you know someone who has had, or is currently having, their own fight with breast cancer. So it's not only a personal cause because I know that without the advances made in research my mom would have had it much worse, but also a larger one because I know that every three seconds another woman is diagnosed with breast cancer.

There are lots of cancers out there and lots of causes but I say any little bit helps! If you'd like to donate, please go here, to my friend Melissa's donation page.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home