Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Misquoting is not okay

Anyone who reads this blog and any comedian who knows me knows I am a huge comedy fan and supporter and do all that I can to spread the word about my friends' shows. But IT IS NOT OKAY TO ATTRIBUTE A QUOTE TO ME THAT I NEVER SAID, like this one from newyorkimprov.com"

DUSTIN CHAFIN'S UNCENSORED COMEDY SHOW
Friday & Saturday Nights @ MIDNIGHT
"Chafin gets laughs every time," says The New York Times' Jesse McKinnley... "Makes me Laugh! I recommend a night with Dustin Chafin!," says The Village Voice's Rachel Bussel Comics who have appeared on the Uncensored Comedy Show: Dave Attel, Dave Chappelle, Tracy Morgan, Marc Maron, Louie CK, Judah Friedlander, Godfrey, Greg Giraldo, Jim Norton, Bill Burr, Patrice O'Neal... you never know who'll drop by!Warning: Explicit Content.
$10 Cover, 2 drink min.

I don't know this person and have never seen him perform that I can recall. I've just written to him and will write to newyorkimprov.com too. If anyone knows who to contact at newyorkimprov.com to get it taken down, I'd appreciate it. And if I somehow did say that (even though I can't recall doing so and can't recall having seen him, please point me to where I said that). Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home